Friday, December 2nd 6:30PM – Gulf Shores Lighted Christmas Parade
SBDC will be participating once again in the GS Christmas Parade! We welcome everyone to get involved in this fun family event! To ride the float or walk beside, we will require the following:
- Participants will need to order a “South Baldwin Dance Center” white, long-sleeve t-shirt. These will be custom made for this event, but will not include any Christmas décor so students and parents may wear them anytime. The cost is $23 after tax and orders must be turned in by Monday, November 21st. Please see Angie at the front desk.
- Participants also will need to bring at least three bags of candy – you’re welcome to bring leftover Halloween candy or Mardi Gras throws, but please sort out any themed items – for example, no spiders, skeletons or Halloween labeled candy. Keep in mind that candy needs to be aerodynamic to throw from the float!
- Bring a Christmas stocking to hang by our fireplace. The day of the parade, we will need just a few stockings for decoration – students will get these back immediately following the parade.
- WALKERS – due to the size of our float entry, we need approximately 15 walkers! As a walker, you will be walking next to the float during the 1.5 mile parade route to watch for the safety of our students, as well as ensuring that parade goers stay away from the moving vehicles. We do ask walkers to also purchase a shirt, but as a token of our appreciation, walkers may get a $5 discount when they order a shirt for themselves.
- Please sign up at the front desk or text Angie at 251-223-7630. Only the first 30 students between ages 6-10 will be allowed on the float – older students are asked to ride in the truckbeds or walk in front or back, however if there is room we will add them in. We ask that students ages 2-5 take the princess option listed below for their safety.
FOR THE LITTLE ONES AGES 2-5: HELP CINDERELLA PASS OUT PRINCESS TREATS! Our smallest dancers are invited to join the fun by dressing up in their favorite princess attire to help us pass out special princess treats next to the Cinderella carriage! The main float gets a little crowded and this is a special way that little ones can participate too! These are the following requirements:
- Participants must wear princess attire (may want to wear walking shoes instead of fancy heels),
- Participants must also provide their own “carriage.” We ask parents to decorate a stroller, wagon, or other means of transport to take the edge off our princesses when they get tired. A parent or guardian will be required to pull their own “carriage”. **BEST IN SHOW! – There will be a vote for the best decorated “carriage” – winner receives $50 in dance bucks!
- 2 bags of candy or throws are recommended, we will also provide a special princess treat for them to pass out as well.
FLOAT DECORATING DAY AT THE PARKS’ HOME – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH BETWEEN 12PM-4PM. Adult participation would be most appreciated – so bring a cooler and a staple gun!
I hope you’re all as excited as we are about the upcoming dance year! In the tuition or schedule tab, you can find our entire registration packet. Please remember, our littlest ones’ classes can fill quickly so please go on at your earliest convenience to register for the class of your choice -we’ve tried to open at least three of each of the tiny dancers classes to give plenty of options!
After online registration, you will receive an invoice usually by the end of the day, stating your registration fee and August tuition. This fee must be paid before official registration is made. In the event that a class has filled to capacity and payment has not been received, your place will be released to the next student on the waiting list. Please be sure to pay your fees to retain your spot in the class.
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS JULY 30TH! Student who register and pay by the end of this week will receive a FREE PAIR OF TIGHTS as well as a 10% OFF COUPON towards any dancewear purchase (may not be used on tuition or fees, or in combination with other offers, expires September 15th)! Please note, to qualify for this offer, online registration as well as payment of any registration fees and August tuition must be paid in full.
- IN-HOUSE REGISTRATION AND “PICK 5” DANCEWEAR DAY! SATURDAY, AUGUST 13TH 9AM-2PM. Stop in to see all the new stock in our dance boutique, as well as our special deal the “PICK 5” – buy or order everything you need for your first day of class, 1. leotard, 2. tights, 3. ballet shoes, 4. tap shoes, 5. dance bag, and get $20 off per deal!
Please let us know if you have any questions, or we’d love to just hear your feedback as well! Thanks so much for choosing South Baldwin Dance Center! Let’s DANCE AMPLIFIED!