Friday, December 2nd 6:30PM – Gulf Shores Lighted Christmas Parade
SBDC will be participating once again in the GS Christmas Parade! We welcome everyone to get involved in this fun family event! To ride the float or walk beside, we will require the following:
- Participants will need to order a “South Baldwin Dance Center” white, long-sleeve t-shirt. These will be custom made for this event, but will not include any Christmas décor so students and parents may wear them anytime. The cost is $23 after tax and orders must be turned in by Monday, November 21st. Please see Angie at the front desk.
- Participants also will need to bring at least three bags of candy – you’re welcome to bring leftover Halloween candy or Mardi Gras throws, but please sort out any themed items – for example, no spiders, skeletons or Halloween labeled candy. Keep in mind that candy needs to be aerodynamic to throw from the float!
- Bring a Christmas stocking to hang by our fireplace. The day of the parade, we will need just a few stockings for decoration – students will get these back immediately following the parade.
- WALKERS – due to the size of our float entry, we need approximately 15 walkers! As a walker, you will be walking next to the float during the 1.5 mile parade route to watch for the safety of our students, as well as ensuring that parade goers stay away from the moving vehicles. We do ask walkers to also purchase a shirt, but as a token of our appreciation, walkers may get a $5 discount when they order a shirt for themselves.
- Please sign up at the front desk or text Angie at 251-223-7630. Only the first 30 students between ages 6-10 will be allowed on the float – older students are asked to ride in the truckbeds or walk in front or back, however if there is room we will add them in. We ask that students ages 2-5 take the princess option listed below for their safety.
FOR THE LITTLE ONES AGES 2-5: HELP CINDERELLA PASS OUT PRINCESS TREATS! Our smallest dancers are invited to join the fun by dressing up in their favorite princess attire to help us pass out special princess treats next to the Cinderella carriage! The main float gets a little crowded and this is a special way that little ones can participate too! These are the following requirements:
- Participants must wear princess attire (may want to wear walking shoes instead of fancy heels),
- Participants must also provide their own “carriage.” We ask parents to decorate a stroller, wagon, or other means of transport to take the edge off our princesses when they get tired. A parent or guardian will be required to pull their own “carriage”. **BEST IN SHOW! – There will be a vote for the best decorated “carriage” – winner receives $50 in dance bucks!
- 2 bags of candy or throws are recommended, we will also provide a special princess treat for them to pass out as well.
FLOAT DECORATING DAY AT THE PARKS’ HOME – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH BETWEEN 12PM-4PM. Adult participation would be most appreciated – so bring a cooler and a staple gun!